On the mailbox there is a sharp bell'adesivo in red characters to give notice not to let advertising. This decree is systematically ignored, and every day I have to throw away tons of newspapers and leaflets that not even read. The trouble is that the risk of throwing away the mail also important that you go to mix ads and news pages of unnecessary extra, since spam overflowing paper and leaves the door wide open when it rains (and it always rains here) 's water flows into the box, drenching the letters should not drenched.
I also know that it is a losing battle, because I can not do anything to combat this shameful activity. But yesterday, coming home from work earlier than usual, I see someone fumbling in front of the mailbox. Next to him held the kiosk with wheels that are used here for the postman and similar type work. Caught!
I go quietly and I'm leaving with a barrage of hateful and sarcastic questions like "Can you read? What is written here?" When the villain turns and is revealed for what it is: a girl of about 18 - 20 years, very beautiful, with long hair and cheeky cut. She looks at me, I look at it, do I open my mouth but then I think.
I think when I was his age a girl like that would never have spent afternoons below zero to deliver free daily newspapers, I think that might find better jobs and better paid using the "handsome" type work in the booth a fair or something (at least it was warm), and I think maybe not if is going well, maybe that is also the stand assistant in the evening, and a waitress on weekends and in the morning go school.
So I give up, I pretend to nothing. She pushes away the shack full of newspapers and I empty the mailbox and I put the contents into the waste bin.
0 comments:
Post a Comment