Luckily I was born late enough to miss some debates on culture-culture against mass culture. I say luck because I know that at the time he made such a scandal among the intellectual circles of the birth necklace BUR (Biblioteca Universale Rizzoli), that is a series of publications of literary classics and non-fiction in paperback at low prices. This was bad because it would lead to standardization of knowledge, inflation of its value, the svutamento of all meaning.
Because intellectual circles have ceased to understand something at the time of the Risorgimento, necklaces economies are multiplied and that was only good. As a teenager [I was a loser what] I spend a thousand or two thousand pounds and I took home masterpieces, while my friends spent ten, twenty, if not a hundred times as much for music and video games. They cost so little that it was worth taking, STI books, so that if you did not like I had not lost anything. Not to mention the BUR, which I used for the entire university career as the only source of access to ancient texts and less ancient.
Then there is the famous criticism of the Lord of the Rings: Since the book was not acceptable to some intellectuals, they had branded as "fascist." What works for some a bit 'from the universal insult: when they want to give the total debasement, they say "fascist." I never understood if it were based on the neo-fascists that they did that book as a response to this criticism, or on their own initiative and independent. But I never depth: basically I could never get past the fifty pages of the book, I do not know what they're talking about.
Not to mention comic, or anime.
Today we are the generation gap and the then young people who braved those silly prejudices are starting to dell'imbolsimento the road in order to perpetuate those old arguments, only one view mirror. So all that was considered mass culture, and petty-bourgeois fascist, now becomes an absolute masterpiece, lofty peak, the point of no return. Although it is a pop song, even if it is a little film from peanuts. Just once did not like that now like.
of Heroes comics, like Batman, because the Fascists were considered strong man and so on. Today milestones are described as embodying the spirit of the time. It is hard to find someone to say "well, Batman seems to me the unlikely story of a rich bothered who goes around dressed as a bat, I liked when I was a child, but now that I grew up there I find nothing special. "
When films such as" Inspector Callahan "were fascists, because the vigilant, the petty-bourgeois fears and so on. Today they are slowly back on its feet and two years time will be the new flagship of film culture, because they explain the decline, the anxieties and disappointments of the postmodern society. Try to find someone who honestly admits, "Callahan is a character with the limits of reality, with a face like a slap, but I enjoy watching her stories for the memorable characters that have nothing to do with what a cop would ever say, but in the end who cares, it's a movie. "
Mai there is a half-measure, the honest perception of mediocrity. These are just songs, come on.
0 comments:
Post a Comment